Gifts are magical. They turn people of all ages into young, excited children who will open their presents with joy and gleaming eyes.
Giving gifts even dates back to the earliest day of mankind. In many different cultures, gifts are rituals where people give offerings to the gods. In the present time, gifts are a part of many celebrations like birthdays, anniversaries, weddings, and many other milestones.
Despite the recent pandemic, the joy of gift-giving, no matter how simple, is still present. A holiday gift guide and holiday gift basket ideas are among the topics even thought of by many. People’s desire to make another person happy remains strong and unshattered by the threat of the virus. The means may have changed as many gifts went through local shipping and international shipping, but the thought of giving love did not.
If gift giving didn’t slow down in 2020, we expect even more this year 2021. We have prepared here unique gift ideas or a holiday gift guide for 2021. Your surprises can reach your loved ones through local shipping and international shipping since social distancing, lockdowns, and travel bans are still ongoing.
Gifts Ideas for Sanitation
In the light of COVID-19, the gifts you know will surely be used and appreciated by your receivers are anything related to sanitation. Shipping during the COVID-19 pandemic has a few adjustments, but it is not impossible. Here are some unique gift ideas you can choose from:
- Anti-microbial tool - This gift looks like a key, which has a hook and an end that enables you to click buttons and open doors without having to use your hands. As we all know, COVID-19 is transmitted through a microscopic liquid, which is commonly transferred by coughing, sneezing, and touching surfaces previously touched by a COVID-19 positive individual. Your anti-microbial tool gift may be small, but the help it will give to the recipient is huge.
- Aromatherapy diffuser - Mint, lavender, rose, and chamomile oils will add a pleasurable scent at home. With the uncertainty we are all facing, a relaxing home is something to look forward to at the end of the day.
- Air humidifier and Air Purifier - COVID-19’s symptoms include coughing, fever, sore throat, and lack of sense of taste. Keep yourself and your gift receiver from being suspected of carrying the virus by keeping yourself away from these respiratory diseases through an air humidifier and purifier. These tools help keep moisture in the air, allowing the nasal passages to be moisturized, as well as the skin. And a purifier will ensure you are breathing the cleanest air.
- Necklace Air Purifier - Portable and handy air purifiers are now available, allowing individuals to travel with protection. You may send this type of gift to your friends and family, so wherever they go, they feel secure.
- Trendy or functional masks and face shields - Many designers of small businesses and larger brands did not let COVID-19 hinder their creativity. Hence, even masks and face shields are a pleasure to wear because they are so fashionable. As the virus’ threat is still lingering, these stylish masks and face shields are a recommended 2021 gift.
Kitchen Utensils for Self-Proclaimed Chefs
In 2020, people were stuck at home with little to do. The kitchen, which used to be an area for those who can cook, is now a welcome distraction and skills development during lockdowns. Surprise and show your support to a friend or relative by sending gifts they can use in the kitchen. Here are some unique gift ideas. If you are looking for a whole new level of holiday gift basket ideas, you may give a set of these kitchen tools in a basket for a change!
- Coffee Maker, trendy or classic ones - Coffee shops closed during the pandemic. In the later part of 2020, even when they finally opened, going to coffee shops is far from relaxing with the unseen virus still out there. Ensure that your coffee lover acquaintances and family have a coffee stash and are equipped with the paraphernalia to make excellent coffee by giving them classic and modern coffee makers.
- Air Fryer - Pop culture calls for this appliance that is easy to use and gives healthy and yummy results. An air fryer is a must have because of its oil-free characteristic, which is perfect for health-conscious people. Despite its simplicity, there are a lot of recipes that can be made from it.
- Different types of containers for drinking - Families came into a reunion by default because of COVID-19. A coffee and tea break turns into a moment to catch up with parents and siblings. Wines that are usually served on special occasions are now served on a regular dinner. With the months this has occurred, many have probably realized that these activities are worth continuing. Do encourage them by giving fancy wine glasses, classic or modern tea, and coffee cups and pots.
Eco-friendly and Organic Gifts
People are more aware now more than ever of the power of nature and human’s role to keep disasters from occurring again. Hence, they are more open to trying products that are naturally-made, cruelty-free, and plant-based. If you want to influence more people to this kind of lifestyle, send them organic and eco-friendly presents. Some holiday gift basket ideas can include a combination of the different items mentioned below.
- Eco-friendly and organic body products - Send personal hygiene care like organic perfumes, soap, shampoo, facial and body creams, and different body oils. Eco-friendly items are practical kinds of gifts that can be used by the receiver daily. They will also be exposed to healthier options.
- Seed Sowing Template and planting tools - Support or encourage receivers of your gifts to try planting seeds for aesthetics purposes or edible plants by giving them gifts like a seed sowing template, some seeds, and some planting tools. There are many fancy options in the market you can choose from to make the receiver feel excited about using the planting instruments.
- Self-Watering Plant Kits - For starters who do not have the green thumb to grow plants at home, there are available self-watering plant kits you can send them. Plants like chamomile, mint, lavender, and basil are plants that the gift receiver can place in a corner where the sun hits. These plants will grow.
Gifts for Individuals Still on a Work-From-Home Setup
In 2020, many workers were forced to move to a work-from-home setup. Even students had to shift to homeschooling or online classes. It was a difficult adjustment at first and may still be an adjustment today. A holiday gift guide you can follow to make your colleague, friend, or family’s work and education easier is found below. These unique gift ideas will make their work and study at home situations fun.
- Every wireless gadget there is - Wireless devices are a blessing to people working at home. This invention allowed people to freely move from one place to another when they wanted to. Hence, it would be of great help to send presents like a wireless keyboard, wireless earphones, and wireless mouse. Wireless chargers are now available too.
- Backpack with USB charger - For individuals on a flexible work setup of working from home and working in the office alternately, this gift will be handy. Most significantly for people whose jobs are always on the go. Note this gift so that you can send it to them on the next special occasion.
- Tablet stands, lap desks, and movable tables - if adults feel encapsulated and even suffer cabin fever because of the months of lockdown, just imagine how the younger ones are feeling. Send the kids in your family, your students, and young contacts surprises like movable tables and tablet stands to make their online classes easier to manage.
Self-Reflection and Relaxation Gifts
After looking after the wellness of the people around you by sending them gifts that would keep them safe, comfortable, and happier, do not forget yourself. Who says you cannot give gifts to yourself? Time to browse some online shopping websites for treats that will help you relax and reflect after a long day of work and after a year of extraordinary challenges. Transactions are now online to minimize face-to-face contact. Therefore, when you receive the products you ordered via shipping, they are still wrapped. It always seems like you are opening a gift.
- Journals and Organizer - Keep track of your schedule and personal thoughts by giving yourself a journal or organizer.
- Home Spa Kit - The opening of spas are still not allowed in many areas. Even if they open, it is always risky to go one. Many holiday gift basket ideas are out there but choose to pamper yourself by purchasing a home spa kit. Scented candles, aromatic oils, scrubs, and bath salts that are used in spas are readily available online. Recreate the relaxing experience at home.
- Tutorials and Classes - Educational institutions were quick to adjust to the changes brought by the pandemic. Send gifts to individuals or even to yourself that has a long-term effect. Language tutorials, classes on eCommerce, business administration training, and more extracurricular courses can now be sent as gifts.
Shippsy Will Deliver These Gifts For You
We survived 2020 together. Amid all the challenges, we were able to deliver packages locally and internationally during a pandemic. We pulled not only ourselves up, but we also brought hope to others through our simple surprises. These surprises reached their destination despite lockdowns and travel bans. Your desire to give and shipping companies’ dedication to their profession made gift-giving throughout the year 2020 possible. In 2021, there is no stopping. This year, things will only get better. Always remember that Shippsy will help you get any US purchases to your Canadian friends and family through our quick and easy shipping process. Sign up and get your free US address, shop US retailers online, and then let us help you get your US purchases safely over the border! We also have other services to offer.
You can contact us at 888 - 744 - 7779
or visit our website to know us more.
In a nutshell, no challenge, even the pandemic, can stop people from giving gifts to make their loved ones happy. For 2021, these unique gift ideas help you with your presents hunt in the holidays and celebrations to come. The pandemic threat is still present, so it is better to give gifts to protect the receiver from the virus or make the current situation bearable for them. Not only will you bring a smile to their face, but you are also sure that your gifts are put to excellent and practical use.