As a Shippsy user, be informed of our house rules to ensure a smooth-sailing transaction with us. Here are the Shippsy do’s and don'ts to take note of:
Do’s and Don’ts of Shippsy
- Shippsy package in proper packaging
We accept sealed packages in boxes, kraft mailers, polybags, and Amazon’s recyclable paper padded mailers. Other forms of packaging not included are otherwise unacceptable.
- Shipments with valid shipping label
Your parcel must have a shipping label containing the Shippsy number and recipient's name, as our warehouse team requires them for identification purposes. For your shipping label to be considered valid, you must have the following information stated:
- Valid tracking number from the carrier
- Address and name of both the sender and recipient (the recipient's name must show the same name registered on their Shippsy account)
- Complete Shippsy address and SHP# shown on your 'My U.S. Address' tab found on the right side of your dashboard.
- Stay updated with Shippsy’s list of prohibited items
Besides what was mentioned in our prohibited items checklist, here are other products that cannot be imported with Shippsy:
- Animal food, supplements, treats, including flea/tick prevention
- Herbicide, rodenticide, pesticide, plant growth regulators, anti-sprouting products, disinfectants, fungicides, or insecticides
- Live plants and seeds
- Firearms, ammunition for firearms & explosives. Gun and/or firearm parts, antiques, holsters, cases, scope, and any firearms-related accessories
- Personal documents (passports, IDs, bank statements, letters from friends, etc.)
Remember that our policy on unallowed products is not a one-size-fits-all inclusion. Stay in touch with our customer support team if you have any clarifications with the U.S. items you want to ship to Canada through Shippsy.
- Check the tracking number on your Shippsy account
Purchasing multiple goods from U.S. online stores causes clients to interchange the necessary information, which later on, realizing that they’ve declared the wrong contents.
To avoid getting into this mix-up, be extra careful by double-checking the tracking page from your online store and cross-reference with the carrier tracking number uploaded onto Shippsy, before entering any shipment details.
- Packages placed in open bags or boxes
Items that arrive at our U.S. facility packed in open paper bags, plastic bags or boxes do not count as the right packaging. This is not limited to paper bags, plastic bags, and unsealed boxes.
Starting April 25, 2022, Shippsy will no longer accept packages without valid shipping labels and are not packed properly, including paper/plastic bags sent to our U.S. location, as these will be automatically disposed.
- Shipping labels with incomplete information
Every detail on your label serves a purpose. Thus, incomplete details will end up hampering the usual process.
Delays in package processing are expected once your label does not contain either the SHP# or name. A $2.50 fine will be deducted from your Shippsy account if your package arriving at the U.S. does not include the SHP# found in your account.
- Being unaware of Shippsy’s list of prohibited items
Shipping unauthorized goods into Canada is our biggest no-no. If you’re wondering why your U.S. item is part of our checklist, Shippsy strictly follows the CBSA ruling when screening the entry of imported items.
To avoid putting your packages on hold and/or disposal, we highly advise you to keep an eye out on our Prohibited Items page. Our team frequently updates it to provide you with the list of goods we do not accept.
Pro tip: It’s best to consult with our pool of CSRs to check whether the item you’re planning to import to Canada is prohibited or not.
- Effective on May 1, 2022, all lettermails/envelopes received by our U.S. warehouse team will be disposed.
- Shippsy accepts packages from Walmart, Wegmans, Instacart, and Doordash as long as they are shipped by our recognized carriers and are packed correctly according to our regulations.
- Amazon Logistics
- In case you shipped items covered by our prohibited items or sent goods you no longer want to our U.S. facility, we have 2 options for you:
- Opt to dispose them for $2.50
- Send the purchased products back to your online U.S. retailer for a $2.50 processing fee + postage charge (Note: Return labels are provided by the sender/retailer and not by the Shippsy team)
Keep in touch with us at [email protected] or call 888-744-7779 for further assistance from our CSRs with your queries on any information written in this article.